-->

Sport Book Service | Former Open champion Paul Lawrie reveals his house is haunted by a ghost ahead of next months Championship

 Paul Lawrie says he saw a ghost in his bedroom

FORMER Open Champion Paul Lawrie has revealed his house is haunted by a ghost.

The one-time major winner spoke about his night of terror in a funny interview about his fellow professionals.

Paul Lawrie says he saw a ghost in his bedroomCredit: Getty Images

Ahead of next month's Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, Lawrie was doing a 'Team Mates' style interview on the tournament's official website.


Keep up to date with all the latest golf news, interviews, gossip and videos


And when he was asked if he was more scared of bees or ghosts, he revealed all about the horrifying encounter.

Lawrie said: "I was lying in my bed one night and I had my iPad on my stomach as I was watching a film.

Paul Lawrie won The Open in 1999 at CarnoustieCredit: PA:Press Association

"The bathroom is on the right of our bed, and I just happened to look at the door.

"And there was a face. It was one of those double-look moments.

"As I looked back, it drifted in to the bathroom. Scariest thing ever.

Scottish golfer Paul Lawrie says he lives in a haunted houseCredit: Getty Images

"When I woke up in the morning and my wife opened her eyes, I said to her 'you're not going to believe what happened to me last night'.

"I told her the story and she said she believed me because I don't usually believe in stuff like that.

"And we're still in the same house!

"I don't know what room the ghost stays in but he was in my room that night!"

John Daly is famous for his choices of trousersCredit: Getty Images

During the course of the interview, Lawrie also poked fun at some of his fellow professionals.

He described John Daly - famous for his colourful trousers - as the worst dressed man in golf.

While he also claimed Ian Poulter was the biggest diva in the sport due to his having the biggest toiletries bag in the clubhouse.

And he saved the biggest slur for fellow Scottish golfer Richie Ramsay - describing him as golf's tightest player when it comes to ordering a round at the bar.

LihatTutupKomentar