-->

Sport Book Service | The Masters 2017: Tiger Woods will miss out for third time in four years as he is not tournament ready 20 years on from first-ever major victory

 Tiger Woods will miss the 2017 Masters due to ongoing back problems

TIGER WOODS has confirmed he will not compete in this years Masters due to ongoing back problems.

The four-time winner has not played since being forced to withdraw from the Dubai Desert Classic on February 3 back spasms.

Tiger Woods will miss the 2017 Masters due to ongoing back problemsCredit: Getty Images

Woods admits he did everything he could to participate in the tournament, but will miss the major for the third time in four years.


Keep up to date with ALL the golfnewsand gossip


A statement on his website read: "Unfortunately, I won't be competing in this year's Masters.

I did about everything I could to play, but my back rehabilitation didn't allow me the time to get tournament ready.

Tiger Woods was forced to withdraw from the Dubai Desert Classic on February 3Credit: PA:Press Association
Tiger Woods returned to golf action in December after 17 months outCredit: AP:Associated Press

I'm especially upset because it's a special anniversary for me that's filled with a lot of great memories.

I can't believe it's been 20 years since I won my first green jacket.

"I have no timetable for my return, but I will continue my diligent effort to recover, and want to get back out there as soon as possible.

Tiger Woods cannot put a time frame on when he will return to actionCredit: Reuters

"I'd like to pass along my regrets to Billy Payne, the Augusta National membership, staff, volunteers and patrons, that I won't be there.

I will be at the Champions Dinner and I look forward to seeing a lot of old friends.

Augusta National has been a very important place to me and my family for over 20 years, and while I'm disappointed, it will be good to be back there Tuesday."

Tiger Woods won the first major of his professional career back in 1997Credit: AP:Associated Press
At just 21, Tiger Woods was a major winner with Masters victory 20 years agoCredit: AP:Associated Press
Tiger Woods at a recent launch on his book about how he won 1997 MastersCredit: Getty Images

Woods won the last of his 14 majors at the US Open in June 2008 but has been plagued by injuries been forced to undergo knee and back surgery.

After 17 months out, he made his comeback in December but missed the cut at the Farmers Insurance Open in January.

LihatTutupKomentar