-->

Sport Book Service | Tiger Woods reveals he is expecting to be consoled by Serena Williams after coming up short in The Open

 Tiger Woods finished just behind champion Francesco Molinari at The Open

TIGER WOODS may have come up just short in The 147th Open, but he has revealed he expects to have Serena Williams by his side offering him support.

The 14-time major champion finished in joint sixth place on five under par - three shots behind champion and playing partner Francesco Molinari.

Tiger Woods finished just behind champion Francesco Molinari at The OpenCredit: Getty - Contributor
Multiple major winner Woods has revealed he expects friend Serena Williams to console himCredit: EPA

Woods was leading The Open up until the 11th hole, where he hit a double bogey, before following up with a further dropped shot on the 12th.

Such was his luck, he struck a fan with his ball at the 11th following a wayward second shot - before giving the supporters a signed glove.

Speaking in the press conference following the tournament, the 42-year-old claimed he thrived being back in the mix at the top of the leaderboard.

He said: "Oh, it was a blast. I was saying earlier that I need to try and keep it in perspective because, the beginning of the year, if they'd have said you're playing The Open Championship, I would have said I'd be very lucky to do that."

Woods, 42, has broken into the top 50 in the world rankings following his T6 finishCredit: EPA
Woods is yet to win a major since beating Rocco Mediate for the US Open in 2008Credit: AP:Associated Press

Before adding: "Serena and I are good friends. I'm sure she'll probably call me and talk to me about it because you've got to put things in perspective. She just had a baby and lost the Wimbledon finals.

"Just keep it in perspective, and the same thing with me. I know that it's going to sting for a little bit here, but given where I was to where I'm at now, blessed."

Woods' finish at The Open means he is now ranked in the top 50 for the first time since January 2015 - earning him a spot at next month's WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.

The American legend will be hoping to carry his good form into the PGA Championship - where he is eyeing up his first major success since winning the US Open in 2008.

Fans almost get hit by Tiger Woods golf ball as he tries to recover in the Open

LihatTutupKomentar